Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union (HEFCU) was chartered August 12, 1960. HEFCU is a full-service financial institution offering its members the best in service and a wide range of financial products. When you become a member of HEFCU you actually become one of the owners. HEFCU is governed by a volunteer board of directors. HEFCU redistributes its income to members through higher savings rates and lower loan rates.
Although HEFCU originated in Duncan, Oklahoma, it has over 5000 shared service centers nationwide and continually provides innovative ways for its members to access their credit union from around the world.
Mission Statement – Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union is a financial cooperative that provides our MEMBER-OWNERS competitive and professional financial service in a friendly, courteous atmosphere, conveniently accessible for each MEMBER.
Vision Statement – To be the financial institution of choice!
Board of Directors
Chairman – Teresa Young
Vice Chairman – Gary Lovett
Secretary – Beth Liles
Treasurer – Dwain King
Director – Chris Bower
Director – Sylvia England
Director – Dr. Ray Loghry
Director – Steve Mackey
Director – Dick Krivy
With the recent concerns about the economic state of our country, let us ensure you of Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union’s safety and soundness:
• Our assets are federally insured by the national Credit Union Association (NCUA) the strongest federal insurance agency in the country. Your savings are protected to at least $250,000.
• Not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union.
• Credit Unions focus on members – not profits. We remain a safe haven in this economic storm. Credit unions are member-owned and not-for-profit cooperatives. We exist to serve our members, not profit from them. Unlike the banks and brokers, we’re not out to force loans on our members just to make a quick buck.
• Credit Unions lend responsibly – we have a more conservative approach to lending and most credit unions hold onto about 70% of their mortgages instead of selling them to Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac.
• As member-owned cooperatives, Credit Union balance sheets are not affected by the whims of the stock market.
• Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union has over $100M in assets, with Capital/Equity over $10M. This equates to a Capital/Equity ratio of more than 10%, well above the 7% which our regulator defines as “well capitalized.” Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union has sound business practices, more than adequate insurance on your accounts, and is ready to serve your financial needs.
• While other lenders are tightening restrictions and cutting back on lending – we are continuing to offer loans at lower rates and increasing our marketing efforts to get the word out to our members that we are here to help!
• If you have any concerns please feel free to call us at 1-800-368-2618 and ask to speak to an accounts representative about your insured accounts.
Credit unions as a whole are healthy and strong, safer for your savings and federally insured. Become a credit union member today!