Who We Are
Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union (HEFCU) was chartered August 12, 1960 as Duncan Industrial Services Credit Union, servicing Halliburton and other oilfield and industrial employees in Duncan. We changed our name to Halliburton Employees’ Credit Union in 1969 and by the late 1980’s all Halliburton Employees throughout Oklahoma were eligible to join.
Fast forward to present day, we now have 60 Select Employee Groups whose employees and their immediate family members are eligible to join! This means although we have “Halliburton” in our name, we are not exclusively for Halliburton Employees, we may be able to serve you too!
HEFCU is a full-service financial institution offering its members the best in service and a full range of financial products. When you become a member of HEFCU you actually become one of the owners. We are governed by a volunteer board of directors and redistribute income to members through higher savings rates and lower loan rates.
Although HEFCU originated in Duncan, Oklahoma, we have over 5000 shared service centers nationwide and continually look to provide innovative ways for our members to access their credit union from around the world.
Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union is a financial cooperative that provides our MEMBER-OWNERS competitive and professional financial service in a friendly, courteous atmosphere, conveniently accessible for each MEMBER.
To be the financial institution of choice!
Board of Directors
Chairman – Dr. Ray Loghry
Vice Chairman – Gary Lovett
Secretary – Teresa Young
Treasurer – Chris Billings
Director – Travis Buchanan
Director – Beth Liles
Director – Chris Bower
With the recent concerns about the economic state of our country, let us ensure you of Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union’s safety and soundness:
- Our assets are federally insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) the strongest federal insurance agency in the country. Your savings are protected to at least $250,000 per account owner.
- Not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union.
- Credit Unions focus on members – not profits. We remain a safe haven in this economic storm. Credit unions are member-owned and not-for-profit cooperatives. We exist to serve our members, not profit from them. Unlike the banks and brokers, we’re not out to force loans on our members just to make a quick buck.
- Credit Unions lend responsibly – we have a more conservative approach to lending and most credit unions hold onto about 70% of their mortgages instead of selling them to Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac.
- As member-owned cooperatives, Credit Union balance sheets are not affected by the whims of the stock market.
- Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union has over $150M in assets, with Capital/Equity over $15M. This equates to a Capital/Equity ratio of more than 10%, well above the 7% which our regulator defines as “well capitalized.” Halliburton Employees’ Federal Credit Union has sound business practices, more than adequate insurance on your accounts, and is ready to serve your financial needs.
- While other lenders are tightening restrictions and cutting back on lending – we are continuing to offer loans at lower rates and increasing our marketing efforts to get the word out to our members that we are here to help!
- If you have any concerns please feel free to call us at 1-800-368-2618 and ask to speak to an account representative about your insured accounts.
Credit unions as a whole are healthy and strong, safer for your savings and federally insured. Become a credit union member today!